Tooth ExtractionsWhen a tooth is so severely damaged that repairs are not possible, the tooth will need extraction. Tooth extraction involves removing the entire tooth from the socket. This restorative dentistry procedure is known as a simple tooth extraction. We have dentists experienced in Oral Surgery right here in Georgetown TX. We understand that tooth extraction is not a pleasant experience and so we do offer sedation ranging from Nitrous oxide (laughing gas) to IV sedation for our nervous patients as well as for teeth that are difficult to remove.
Cost of Extractions:
Extraction can costs from $195-$450/tooth depending on type and condition of tooth. For instance, if you have a wisdom tooth that is completely inside your bone that will cost more money compare to loose front tooth!
Post Tooth Extraction Care
- After a tooth extraction, it is important to relieve pain and minimize the risk of infection. Do not use mouth wash or rinse or spit for several hours after your appointment.
- When you have a tooth extracted, a clot will form.This clot protects the socket and prevents bacteria from causing infection. If the clot is dislodged before your gums have a chance to heal, you may end up suffering from a condition known as dry socket.
- Smokers are more prone to dry socket, so you should try to avoid smoking at all until the clot has time to settle.
- After several hours have passed, you may rinse with a salt water solution.
- If you have a badly decayed or damaged tooth, the team at Westinghouse Dental will always attempt to save the tooth. Should you require a tooth extraction, we are in a position to provide you with the highest level of care both during and after your procedure. We also provide IV sedation to our patient who are nervous about tooth extraction or simply for difficult teeth to make it easy on our patients. Contact us today to schedule your appointment.